View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 03:31 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacop View Post
Well, that's what I'm talking about. Being there from time to time is not what i call a good screening or a lot of traffic. If it's his job to be in front of the net, "from time to time" is not enough.
You are missing what I am saying, he is anchored there a lot, taking our heaviest shot out of the picture. He is doing exactly what you're claiming doesn't happen. When Cleary is out there he is trying to do the same thing if they can even enter the zone on the second unit. Thus far Cleary is also doing a great job of blocking our shots for the other team as well.

Most of the good powerplays have a lot of motion, the net front guy will also slide out and become a target from time to time dragging the defender with him.

Smyth does it here it opens up the lanes. When someone like Hornqvist or Holmstrom does it right, it can be hard to stop. But you're essentially giving a man up to the goalie and playing four on four hockey. The lanes are clogged, that player needs to shift out and around if the other way isn't working. Get the sticks and bodies moving on the other teams PK. Right now we face a packed in box that just keeps us at arms reach and on terrible angles.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 01-28-2013 at 03:36 AM.
The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote