View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 03:36 AM
Gaald

vCash: 500
I was not a big fan of Noel starting Montoya this game. It was totally unfair to Montoya. Talk about a pressure cooker. First game since April, you are playing at home with a brand new team, against the team you played for the year before, and with a short training camp, and no preseason games you have barely had any opportunity to shake off the rust. Not to mention the fact there is probably no team out there who knows what your weaknesses are better than the Islanders.

I think the game Montoya should have played was the Washington game. But I guess it's kind of hard to beat the results of these last 4 games.

So even though I thought Montoya looked a little weak in net tonight, I can't blame him for every goal, and the ones he should have stopped can easily be blamed on nerves and rust. I think we will see a much improved performance next time he gets the start.

As for the rest of the team. I thought they played a damn good first 2 periods, but thing that I really liked seeing was how they fought back after the collapse early in the 3rd. A huge improvement over last year. Not that I want to see it happen all the time, but it's nice to know the team has the will to keep fighting for a win.

Gaald is offline   Reply With Quote