View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 04:49 AM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Honestly the only guy I know in there is Beau Bennett...and the only thing I know about him is that he was drafted 2010 and is from CA.
Despres (our first round pick in 2009) was the nr.1 D-man for Saint Johns Memorial Cup winners and played on the shutdown pairing for Team Canada two years ago with Jared Cowen. He is big, strong, and very mobile. Some offense also, but a likely top4 D-man in a short while. I would hate to give him up, but we have to many D-prospects and Despres is the closest to breaking through so I assume he'd have more value in a trade.
Beau Bennet (our first round pick from 2010) is a talented winger who was the last forward cut from this years team - both because he just turned pro from college - he has stuff to work on - and because he could be sent down. He is currently leading the AHL team in points and PPG in his first season
Either way, those two are surely among our top3 prospects, and with two more first rounders, I think there's a lot of value there. Uher is a gritty bottom 6 forward who can play pretty much any position, also a first year pro, who scored a ton while captaning his WHL team.

Not really trying to convince you of anything here (justifying the reasoning a bit, rather) or saying someone else couldn't offer more. Certainly more proven assets, but I suppose it depends which direction your management would take.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote