View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 07:52 AM
rantfather

vCash: 500
Athletics co-ordinator vs ATHLETIC Director!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleanerguy View Post
St. Thomas put more than $1 mil into the Grant Harvey Centre for men's and women's dressing rooms, weight rooms, etc. Their contracts with advertisers in the rink, boards and signage etc., are two year deals. Ryan is in year two of a three-year deal. I presume if they folded the team, they would have to pay him out anyway. They hired, just days ago, an athletics co-ordinator, the main thrust of his job being promotions around the hockey team (s).The president of the university was quoted earlier this season (by me) as saying they are behind the team. I would be shocked if they were to fold the team now.
Would anybody know the name of the new sports co-ordinator? And to whom he would report?

I also would be massively surprised if new coach Troy Ryan was not given his full contract to complete the mission with Men's hockey.

TROY RYAN et al has done an incredible job under a few adverse conditions and has laid a great groundwork for next year in spite of the record.
The team IS BETTER than their record but is lacking in numbers.

Does the hiring of a sports co-ordinator mean that the current A/D 's days are numbered?

Go TOMMIES Go

RANTFATHER.

rantfather is offline   Reply With Quote