View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatNYR View Post
I don't want a defenseman fighting. That's why I prefer Bickel on the wing and why I never endorsed Dale Purinton. And these days with just 6 defensemen, what good will a defenseman sitting in the box for fighting do to you? The Rupps and Ashams can do that, but I would like to have all of my defensemen at hand to jump on the ice when needed.
Makes sense if the defenseman is of the Purintin model. That guy fought everyone! In the case of Murray, he'll go about 3, 4 times per season. That's not going to hurt you.

I like the idea of a guy like Murray here. Rangers just don't have a guy like that who is ready yet. Murray is physical not just because he will drop the mitts but because he will battle opposing forwards. He had some great ones with Kassian.

The other night Wayne Simmonds won every battle in the Rangers end. physically the Rangers didn't have an answe for him. While he didn't score I believe he had about 6 shots that night. I think that was more than anyoayer on both teams. Most of those were the result of hard work in the dirty areas.