View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 08:02 AM
416Leafer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
I will always have a place in my heart for the Leafs, but Markham is a heck of a lot closer and I bet ticket prices would be lower. Plus the atmosphere will probably be more to my liking, read, fans cheering instead of sitting in suits.

Sadly the Leaf product and MLSE as a whole does not know how to entertain. Their story is often of dispare. Unfortunate since they have such loyal fan bases.

I'd have no problem getting season tickets in Markham and cheering for a young energetic club that doesn't have the same manic fanbase. It would be refreshing to get away not only from the Leafs but their fanbase.
Yep. I've often thought about this. If you switch you fan loyalty to another team, you get thrown under the bus. But in reality, what has MLSE done to EARN fan loyalty over the last ~8 years? I'm not saying I'm going to switch loyalty, because I feel I've been a fan for too long and couldn't. But I have wondered why I do bother to continue to support this team.
- Highest ticket prices in the league
- Only team not to have made the playoffs in that span
- Still has a questionable future with only a mediocre prospect pool and no real franchise players on the roster either
- Lame atmosphere at games compared to many other arenas

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote