View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 08:29 AM
birddog*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Yep. I've often thought about this. If you switch you fan loyalty to another team, you get thrown under the bus. But in reality, what has MLSE done to EARN fan loyalty over the last ~8 years? I'm not saying I'm going to switch loyalty, because I feel I've been a fan for too long and couldn't. But I have wondered why I do bother to continue to support this team.
- Highest ticket prices in the league
- Only team not to have made the playoffs in that span
- Still has a questionable future with only a mediocre prospect pool and no real franchise players on the roster either
- Lame atmosphere at games compared to many other arenas
They don't deserve our loyalty. Haven't earned it and take it for granted. Burke would often through it in your face calling Leaf fans stupid for their blind support. Saying that we should "get a life".

There have been times where you can tell they aren't 100% committed to getting better. There true colours come out when guys like Nash and big UFA's are open for bidding. They make more money than anyone but don't bid for Kovalchuk, come up short on Brad Richards, Mike Richards, Carter, nash and find excuses why expensive players aren't a fit.

All the while they overpay mediocre players like Grabovski, Komisarik, Connolly, etc. Sadly -- they either don't know how to run a team or are unwilling.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote