View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
I read that argument a lot so I wouldn't say nobody cares about it.

I was worried about him having too much pressure but he doesn't. This is totally different if you compare to the Lats situation. Lats had the spotlight on him being a local guy and he was almost expected to carry the team. Gally plays on a kid line with limited minutes and never on the PP. MT is using him perfectly so far.

Have to admit I had my doubts about MT but I'm very impressed with his coaching. When Gally took that high stick penalty in the 3rd, my thoughts were that Jacques Martin would have benched him for the rest of the game. MT not only played him on his regular shift but also had him out there in OT. That's the best way to build the kid's confidence. Those are the signs that make me think it's ok for him to stay. Plus, he's been improving every game.

So far, MT >>>> JM in terms of not having players afraid to make mistakes and benching them. He seems to recognize a lazy mistake versus accidental like Gally's penalty.
I've also been very impressed with MT and i'll be honest I wasn't very happy with Bergevin's decision but I'm ok to admit it. Guy did a great job with a young Penguins team and it helped him mature a lot since his last coaching job here. If you work hard Therrien will reward you and he isn't afraid to make changes on the fly unlike Martin who simply wouldn't change things during a game