View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Fern

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
He's a good player but his size frustrates me. Again it was him in front of our net who couldn't win the puck on NJ's tying goal. He was just shielded away by a bigger player who had an easy shot on Carey. Desharnais can't be a center on your top line. Get him out of there.
On Zubrus' goal it was Cole who let him go. Desharnais is the best playmaker on the team right now. I don't get all the hate. He is a cheap center that gives us more than his salary. IT's unfair to compare him with Staal but if their's one side of the game where Desharnais is better, it is as a playmaker. Size isn't everything and their's a reason why Desharnais never get drafted. At 6'3'' 220 lbs he would have been a top 5 pick. But right now, he is not player as poorly as people here say, he has 2 points in four games. He could create more dangerous plays but replacing him by lazy Eller would be a shame. Lars is playing poorly whoever he plays with. The injury to Pacioretty gives him a break and he needs to catch it. And right now the Plekanec line is our top line. But maybe in two weaks, we will have a thread against Gionta because he is small and can't contain big wingers in the D zone... I like our three balanced lines and I really love our fourth "energy" line. Pretty good team right now.