View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 08:49 AM
jcbio11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Scuderi View Post
Irrefutable isn't going to happen on issues of nationality when countries were combined for decades. There's going to be evidence on each side, but Begbee's point that it would be harder to prove he's Czech than Slovak seems very interesting.

Seems like the arguments being made are as close to irrefutable as you're going to get. I was just cowering behind North American ignorance, but TDMM is right, it's not like there's a "he's Czech" consensus from European posters.
There would be a consensus if you just asked Czech posters.

I still maintain he is a Czech. If someone can find me one source where a person from the Czech hockey world calls him a Slovak, I might just be convinced.

Here's a video of him talking to a Slovak reporter (who's asking questions in Slovak) and responding in Czech.

http://www.cas.sk/clanok/152776/vide...e-vyborny.html

Anywho, I think we can agree that he won't be considered for these polls for now.

Voted Chara, hard to give it someone else at this point of his career. Norris Trophy, captaining the Boston to their Cup and a sure thing Hall of Famer. Neither Palffy, Bondra or Hossa are anywhere close to a sure thing, so Chara takes this one.

jcbio11 is offline   Reply With Quote