View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 08:54 AM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
I posted that. I've seen nearly every game he's played this season, so I feel rather confident in opinion of Boucher. I've been watching the OHL for a long time, but I certainly don't have credentials in hockey (similar to almost every poster here).
I guess. I thought it was fairly clear when I said, "when he gets his shot off, it's usually going in the net" meant that when he loads up his shot and gets it on net. I apologize if it wasn't. His release isn't quick by any means, but it's something that he's clearly improved since last season and continues to improve.
Like I said, it isn't quick, but he's clearly improved on it and I have no doubt that he will continue to do just that. I wouldn't be concerned about his release too much, it's only going to improve. The main concern about him is skating and as a smallish player that's a big concern, but it hasn't held him back at the OHL level, so we'll see how it translates to the pro level.
He goes to the front of the net, he knows how to get open, and he battles hard to get into open ice. He's strong on his skates which makes him he's hard to push around once he decides where he's going set up. He knows how to score goals and he's scored a lot of them at every level he's played, so there's little doubt in my mind that he'll continue that at the next level.
One last thing I forgot to touch on. Boucher is actually pretty good defensively, when taking into account that he's a goal scorer it makes it pretty impressive. He plays on the first penalty kill unit (with Sarault) and is usually on the ice when Sarnia needs to protect a lead late in the game. He's never going to be known for his defensive game, but he will not be liability in his own zone.
Cool thanks for the info!