View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 09:05 AM
nickschultzfan

vCash: 500
Not at the point where too upset, but am mildly upset.

1. I think the blueline is actually fine. The majority of the goals were caused by a winger's failure to cover the shooter. Brodin, Gilbert, and Suter all look good at points, although I think Suter is trying to do too much. He needs to play the simple game. Falk and Stoner are playing above last year; they just shouldn't be paired together. Scandella looked rusty, but aside from his penalty, he looked decent against the top team in the West. A simple re-adjusting of the pairings should solve most the issues. Brodin-Suter, Gilbert-Stoner, and Scandella-Falk.

2. We can't break up the 1st line really. It's clicking a lot (Koivu and Parise especially) and I though Bouchard-Granlund-Setoguchi looked deadly for 1/2 the game. 3rd line was pointless though.

3. If we do break up that 1st line, only possible move would be to move Heatley to Granlund's line (with Setoguchi to the 1st), but then they are going to really, really need somebody to chase down the pucks and to go into corners and win puck battles. Brodziak could maybe do it. That would leave a 3rd line of Clutterbuck-Cullen-Bouchard, which had some success last year as a good counter-attacking line. That line is never going to hold the puck in the O-zone, but they will put the other team on their heals a little bit (which is not happening).

4. 4th line only worked on paper. I am not really a Powe fan, other than his PK skills. He just doesn't really do much. Kenopka is ok, I guess. Mitchell is actually a decent player, but he belongs on a 3rd line somewhere with two other guys that can produce from time to time.