View Single Post
01-28-2013, 09:10 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
Seriously, do you think Bylsma tells Geno to forget D and focus completely on O?

I can tell you that he doesn't have any different of a rule as far as defensive play for Geno as he does for Sid, Sutter, or Vitale. Sid and Geno both really like Dan so unless that changes he will be here.

On a side note, there is also a really good chance that he coaches the US Olympic team in 2014 if the NHL reaches a deal to continue to allow for NHL players to go to the Olympics. He is one of 2 under consideration. (Tortorella being the other).
1. Yes, I absolutely think Bylsma's defensive expectations for Malkin are different than any other coach he's played for or what they'd be with 90% of the teams in the league. It speaks to coaches keeping players accountable.

2. I'm glad that Sid and Geno like Bylsma. I'm sure they like him every day of the year but one. Scotty Bowman's players used to say the opposite about him.

3. Yes, I'm glad Bylsma is a good coach. Lots of good coaches both in and out of the league. Is he the right one because he's a good one? Ken Hitchcock, IMO, is a good coach. He's been the right one in three places, and then the wrong one in two of them (he'll one day be the wrong one in STL too). I trust that isn't too complex to follow.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote