Thread: Speculation: 2013 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 09:14 AM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Honestly I dont hold out any hope for us to get the #1 pick even with how we've played so far. Looking at things, it will eventually balance out and I'm figuring we will most likely be picking in the 5-15 range so that would be where my focus is in terms of looking for players. I think we should be talking about guys like Monahan, Shinkaruk, Burakowsky, Mantha & Erne IMO instead of Jones & MacKinnon TBH.

Although, I've even started looking deeper into the draft for possible gems & good players to take a chance on in the 2nd round (I'm thinking we can net a 2nd rounder in a trade if we make some deals around the trade deadline). There's one player that I wouldnt mind taking a chance on if we do have an extra 2nd rounder as I think that's about where he goes and thats USNDTP forward Hudson Fasching. Definitely seems like a Panther in that he has got character, size and plays like a powerforward (aka goes to the front of the net to score). He's committed to go play at University of Minnesota too which is has obviously a good linkage to our team with Rau still there. I found an older article that was written about him with regard especially to his character so dont be surprised if this kid is a Panther by July:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=6145415