View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 10:12 AM
alexmanu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I've liked Gortz this season. He was often one of the best players on the Swedish U20 squad, too bad he got injured. He's shown he can score at the men's level, but he's not really playing that role for now. Going forward, I think he's either the hard worker you put with skill guys, or he's a 3rd liner. Seems like the type of player who fits like a glove into Nashville's system. If I'm the Preds, I either make sure he gets a somewhat more offensive role in the SEL next season, or I bring him over to North America so he can work on it further there.

Aberg turned a corner this season when he was cut from the WJC squad. Like you said he can shoot the puck. But he has work to do when it comes to accuracy. No PP goals after 41 games is also unacceptable for him. He's having a very solid season for a junior player in a men's league, but it could've been even better considering how good he can be.
I watched a couple of games on the internet during the lockout and I noticed that Aberg loves to shoot. We need forwards like that. I think he should stay maybe one more year in Sweden and then move to NA and challenge for a spot on the Preds offense immediately.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote