View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 10:15 AM
leafspring*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satyr9 View Post
IMO it was a complete no brainer win trade for the Leafs, but I am nowhere near ready to call him a key building block. Really, right around the end of the 2013-14 season is when you might be able to make that determination.

Still, at this point watching him every other night, I have a hard time imagining JVR being less than a 20-25 goal, 50ish point guy in a regular 82 game season. That's not what I would call a core building block piece and I think there's obviously room for significantly more production, but I don't see that as his downside, which really isn't bad, especially when you consider that vs. Schenn's potential floor. He's going to be marginally unproductive for 4.25m a season at worst. X factor, as with anyone, is health.

If JVR and Kadri can use the 48 games to make strong cases for being top 6 forwards, not just on this year's Leafs, but pretty much anywhere, then I'll call the entire season a success regardless of record.
JVR can easily be called a building key block. He is already a key power-forward just by the nature of the way he plays the game,and the expectations of the coach for him to play that style.

He is most likely going to be a key player when we get into the play-offs too. He is already a high end talent.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote