View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 10:16 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
When you accuse this of being a plot by us anglos against all French Canadian players, you are making this situation far worse. The problem isn't that Desharnais is Quebecois, it's that his potential is more as a Briere than Giroux, which isn't a problem if he's used correctly but it means he's a situational player and not a superstar.

Most of us want to see Desharnais on the wing because with Galchenyuk taking up the soft exploitation role for now, that line would be more effective with a two-way center. This is not about burning DD at the stake as a sacrifice to Stephen Harper.
I don't mind those saying DD should play on the wing, as long as they bring evidence that he would be more successful there. But since he has never played there, and has always been very successful at center, I never understood where this idea came from.

Why not Subban as a winger, while we're at it?

The posters that are annoying me are those who find any excuse to say that DD is not as good as it seems, or that he makes the team worse, or that he should be traded, or that his success is everybody's fault but his. I mean, the posters who don't know anything about hockey and who just want to get rid of some players because they can't stand seeing a French Canadian having success. I'm sorry that I have to say it that clearly and put on name on it, but this is real, some people here really think this way, and here hockey arguments are useless.

And I'm not aiming at anglos particularly. Actually, you would be surprised to see how the worse French Canadian haters are French Canadians themselves. See Samuel L. Jackson in Django Unchained, and you'll understand what I mean.

Last edited by DDs not undersized: 01-28-2013 at 10:22 AM.