View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 10:17 AM
sr228

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
The fight with Kassian did not bother me. That was fair.

The last penalty was unfairly called. But as a professional player he has to maintain his composure and not cost the team. If he had done this last year, he would have cost us atleast 2 PP goals yesterday.

As far as the other penalties on him, he was out of position and slow, which is why most people are looking to trading him. I myself am undecided. I am fairly certain that the team (especially Logan) rests easier knowing that Clowe has their back. While Murray is decent at fights, he is no Clowe. At the same time, he needs to start producing on the Ice too. He is a top-6 player after all.

Clowe is looking more like the player he was last seaon then the one from the previous 3 years, I won't argue that. But I said this before, he opens up space for Couture and Havlat, teams still have a lot of respect for him on the ice. I also agree that the team likes having him, but he does need to be better.

There are a lot of good players on a lot of teams that have been bad so far this season. Seeing as the team is winning and Couture and Havlat are playing very well I'm willing to give Clowe some time. I also don't think there's any chance the Sharks would get what was needed if they were to move him (and I'm not at all interested in trading 'futures' or rostered d-men) so I don't think trading him is very likely, nor do I really think they should trade him.

sr228 is offline   Reply With Quote