Thread: Value of: Ovechkin
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 10:55 AM
waitin425

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
For 75% of the people in this thread, the "kick him while he's down" thread can be found here. It would be greatly appreciated if you could keep the schadenfreude over there.

For the other 25%, this thread wasn't started by a Caps fan. We're not looking to move him. So all the asinine "this is all I'd be willing to offer" posts... not really necessary. The "value" that should be up for discussion is the value of the return necessary for the Caps to trade Ovie, because for the time being he's still valued as a superstar and any offer that doesn't reflect that is a waste of time.
The thing with Ovie is his value drops every single game. A little slump is one thing, a bad season is another thing, a couple bad seasons is entirely different. It is sad to say, because he is damn fun to watch, but Ovie is on the down swing of his career.

As a Habs fan I would not pay what The Caps would demand for this guy. He is becoming too much of a gamble.

My offer would be.........*gulp*...........Subban, Eller and this years 1st. That's about all I would part with for this Ovie. Obviously the Ovie of 2007 would be astronomically higher.

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote