View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 10:58 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I wasnt up in arms about him playing the 3rd line. If anything, I was up in arms about so many posters taking a leap of faith into believing this guy was a viable 3rd line option -- especially when it came at the expense of bashing a guy who has been able to hold on to an NHL job for a decade +.

Ferriero played well the other night. Good for him. Ill have to see him put together a month of good NHL hockey before I can even think about him being a longterm option.

But the "HA! I told you so!" stuff after 12 minutes from a journeyman AHL'er with less than 100 games of NHL experience is whats typical here.
There are posters on this board who follow hockey outside the microcosm of the Rangers and the NHL.

Ferriero was a very good NCAA player, he was good with the Sharks. His AHL production has been steady. Sometimes there are players who need a chance and have to wait for jobs to open.

Rupp is not a 3+ line player. He lacks the mobility, he lacks the hands.

Arnott would have been a good addition if he were in shape. He wasn't enough for the Rangers liking. But he is also a very slow player.

Rangers need the kind of speed and tenacity that a no name like Ferriero can provide. If he fizzles out, but contributes to the Rangers getting back on track while he's here, then so be it. Worry about it if he does/when he does fizzle out.

Beauty of bottom six players is, they should be interchangeable/replaceable.

Rangers need a little more luck with health. Kreider being hurt and Hrivik being hurt doesn't help.

Sather is most likely searching right now for another bottom six option.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote