View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 12:02 PM
stv11
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I heard some rumors, Sprunger gonna retire from National Team ( at least temporary). Does somebody else know more?
I've read he wants to skip national team play this season, and that he told Simpson about it last summer already. I guess he hasn't made any decision yet regarding next season.

It could be a risky move if he wants to go to Sochi. If Switzerland does well at the world championship, he may find himself out of the picture, although Simpson has shown that he likes to select players based on their form of the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Cunti, finally starting to score. Have you seen his goal against Servette? to get the puck top-shelf with so little space and time to work with. Impressive.
One thing I've noticed while his first exposure on international level: Don't bring yourself into vulnerable positions, it's international play, just ask Sprunger! Against the Slovacs IIRC he made some dangerous plays. When you're standing half a meter away from the boards, head turned to the boards, be sure you got a very good stand, and be ready at least for a little impact from behind, when trying to play the puck, or you get destroyed against NA-Teams.
Cunti has shown some good things lately. Early in the season I was afraid he wouldn't be able to replicate his performances from last season, but as you point out, he seems to have learn one thing or two.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote