View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Frankly, this year's UFA class was pretty pathetic. Next year's is substantially better and we should be able to make better moves.

While we are not made of money, I hope we can manage to buy Guastad out next year and use his money elsewhere. He is just making too much for what he brings.

I would be interested in bringing Kimmo back here next year for a price cut. Would be nice to see him retire as a Pred. I think Clowe, Horton, and others would be nice additions. Not sure they would be willing to play here, but we shall see.

More than anything else, I don't want Poile making any large trades this year, especially if we are on the bubble come trade deadline day. I think we should just let this year play out and see what we have in these young forwards and D men. If we don't make the playoffs, no big worries as this draft class is deep.

Going forward, I think you have to ask yourself can Smith, Hals, and Borque all be potential top six forwards that can consistently produce. Can Wilson become a first line winger? If the answer is no, I think you may see Wilson moved at draft time. I believe that these guys CAN do it. Not sure if they can do it here but we shall see. Same for Blum. There is obviously some disconnect between him and the organization. If he can't put it together here or be given a chance to, maybe it is time to move him. I hope he has a bounce back year, but we are a tenth of the way into the season and he hasn't graced the ice with his presence yet.