Thread: Switzerland: National team discussion
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 11:21 AM
duga

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
I've read he wants to skip national team play this season, and that he told Simpson about it last summer already. I guess he hasn't made any decision yet regarding next season.
Thx. He does the right thing IMO. He always seemed to be a smart and well-spoken player...

Quote:
It could be a risky move if he wants to go to Sochi. If Switzerland does well at the world championship, he may find himself out of the picture, although Simpson has shown that he likes to select players based on their form of the moment.
...and that's definitely the risk. like "We medaled without Julien last WHC... no reason to change a winning team".... I'd like the headlines very much

Quote:
Cunti has shown some good things lately. Early in the season I was afraid he wouldn't be able to replicate his performances from last season, but as you point out, he seems to have learn one thing or two.
Same with me, I've seen most home games. There were times this season he seemed to have lost the calm in decision making he showed last spring, plus a lot of swiss D have recognized that he loves to pass the puck 11 out of 10 times, so they give him space to shoot but not to pass. So it's a good sign when he makes goals, he seems to adapt... (and getting some passing space back soon)

duga is offline   Reply With Quote