Thread: Speculation: Nino seeking trade?
View Single Post
01-28-2013, 11:31 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Staples said in his preseason chat, that the Isles LOVE Brock Nelson.
Yeah, he used caps to make his point.

Do you consider Nino's upside, to be really that much higher then Nelson's?
Yes, and I see Nino having a clear role in this team's future. Nelson, while I do like him, I don't see his upside being much higher than a solid 2C. That said I expect Strome to be that guy. Leaving Nelson either as a winger here or battling for the 3C, where Nielsen should be for a long time. Plus we have guys like Sundstrom and even Cizikas who would probably be better fits for that spot if the Isles ever did decide to move Nielsen.

IMO Nelson is the perfect trade bait. A very good prospect who is close to being NHL ready, plays a position that is in high demand and a position of strength for this organization. If you assume our future centers are Tavares-Strome-Nielsen-Sundstrom/Cizikas, we can essentially turn Nelson, a guy who might have trouble finding a spot on this team, into a quality defenseman that could help take this team to the next level. It's a no-brainer, IMO(assuming such a deal does come along).

As much as the Isles LOVE Nelson, I don't think it would prevent them from dealing him for a guy like Yandle if given the opportunity.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote