View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers traded 4 assets for Nash. Where are the assets coming from to make another significant trade? Let's not play the Neil Smith games where the Rangers traded multiple assets in 93-96 to win right now. They won in 1994 but it damaged the team for many years to come. Who is to say the Rangers with Amonte and Gartner would not have beaten Jersey? They handled them during the regular season and it was a struggle in the playoffs. They traded a #1 pick for Verbeek because they couldn't put the puck in the ocean. They lost Amonte and Gartner the previous spring. Then swapped 2 young players for Robitaille and Samuelsson. Then they swapped Norstrom for the ex-Oilers. There is salary cap now so its a different league but the Rangers still need the young and cheap assets if they want to be a good team in the future. Any major rental will come with a #1 pick and/or top young player price tag. Gaustad went for a #1 pick last February. The Rangers can't do that.
I agree, which is why i dont want any trades right now. id like to pick up an UFA on a 1 year deal to help the bottom2 lines which have looked between mediocre and just flat out horrendous at times.

i cant even remember 1 good shift our 4th line has had all season so far.

anyways...Dvorak, Moore, im all for it, as long as its a 1 year deal.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote