View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 12:02 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
I don't think Halischuk is a top 6 forward. Nor do I think Bourque is. I think Halischuck is a bottom six talent and there is nothing wrong with that as being a great pk guy and being able to check top lines is just as important as filling up the other side of the statsheet. Bourque I think is in the same boat, but his speed will allow him to not embarrass himself in a limited 2nd line role. Smith, no clue. Talent is there. But can he put it together. I think we are a top 30 center away from having a dangerous top 6, as Erat and Wilson are top line talents. One proven, one Proving it and hopefully continues to grow and mature. Legwand is fine as a number 2 center, and we know he can pile up points when paired with guys that match his speed (but when do the wheels go?) Bourque, Smith, Hornquist, Smith, sk are all capable, or at least can play a bit on the wings. But having a decent (top 30) center on the team bumps fisher to a checking role where he is suited to be right now. Dynamic would be totally different with him bewteen spaling and bourque or halischuk.

I guess the question is, can Poile find that center in a trade? (we are heading down a dangerous path trading draft picks right now) Or is the answer in house Wilson? Smith?

i would love to try and sign clowe.

Clowe-Wilson-Erat
Smith-Legwand-Hornquist/Bourque
SK-Fisher-Bourque/Hornquist
Halischuk-Gaustad-Spaling

That is a pretty darn good forward core, but we are waiting and wishing and banking on Smith and Wilson to mature.