View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBoris View Post
Yeah, I'm with you. Too bad there is a different set of standard for vets and rookies. With rookies, one should expect some mistakes and give them time to learn from it. Vets shouldn´t have that excuse to the same degree imo
I like Kunitz, always have, but he is hurting the team. I don't expect guys like him to be sources of offense every night, so if he struggles like he is doing now, I'm ok with it. However, it is the mental mistakes he is making that need to stop.

He had two bad turnovers last night again. Once trying to stickhandle through three guys at the top of the blueline.... He had two boarding penalties in the same game (Tor) on the same damn guy. Seriously? Those kind of penalties can't happen. Then you combine all of the coverage mistakes, turnovers AND lack of offense, yet he never sits out a shift.

If Vitale played like that, Jeffrey would be back in and not a single person can deny it.

DB needs to start sending messages that ALL players who turn over the puck will be sitting at the far end and losing ice time.

It's like a virus when you keep letting this happen without accountability. Last night it was Neal, Sutter and Kunitz... Before that it was Cooke and Kunitz... etc. etc. Worst of all, Malkin and Crosby are turnover machines.

It's a troubling pattern affecting the entire team. No system is designed to account for this many turnovers. DB needs to start sending a message about accountability and that puck mismanagement won't be tolerated. Kunitz is an ideal guy to make his first example out of.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote