View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 01:13 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Who do you suggest playign 3rd line with Berglund and Stewart then? I think you aren't looking at Schwartz's whole game. He has flashes of Perron's agility with the puck. As long as Berglund and Stewart continue to produce I don't see why you would change that line up.

Inserting Dags into Bergs-Stew line is that Dags will take a lot more shots than Schwartz will which could possibly hinder the amount of shots Berglund or Stewart can take. Jaden Schwartz can create open ice and has a great work ethic. I say continue to let him play wing for Bergy and Stewy, let him get NHL experience. If it's not broken don't fix it.
I 110% agree. Schwartz makes those little plays that most people don't notice during a game that helps alot. like getting the puck deep getting it out of the zone making a good cross ice pass that leads to a scoring chance etc. He's won battles along the boards as well. He just needs to keep playing and the points will come, same goes for backes. I think adding d'ags over schwartz to that line could potentially throw everything off... or if were to work out it would be because stewart is a guy that screens the goalie and D'ags has one of the best shots on the team so who knows how that line would work. Either way when ur biggest concern is scoring from ur 3rd line LW'er i think ur team is in pretty good shape.

But for now i'm in the boat of keeping schwartz on the ice playing 10-12 minutes a game and if were winning by a couple goals in the third period i wouldn't mind seeing him on the PP, maybe he could bang a few in and get some more scoring confidence. I feel like he's a guy like perron and about half our team that when he's hot he can really surprise some teams with his skill level, determination and decision making with the puck on his stick.