View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
If I am not mistaken, we would have 25% of his salary, NYI would have 25% and then the new team would pay 50% if he is picked up by another team.
??? Nope. Regular waivers never involved splitting salaries. Full remaining salary goes to the claiming team. There is no split, LA is not on the hook for anything.

That was only for re-entry waivers, which have disappeared.

If Hickey is placed back on waivers, he has to go back through the waiver process, but if the Kings are the only other team to put a claim in on him they can send him down to Manchester.

Anyways, I was at Hickey's NHL debut last night, and I think he was average. Didn't get much playing time from what I could see, just 3rd pairing with Carkner. He didn't make many mistakes, but did not stick out either. The last goal Kane outskated him, but Kane is one of the fastest straight line skaters in the NHL, so that's not a huge deal.

Hopefully he gets more chances, but the comments of several NYI posters he played a lot better than Joe Finley, his competition for the #6 role there, and even last night I think he was more consistent and safer than Carkner, but Carkner brings an edge Hickey can't at his size.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote