View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 12:43 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
For sure. He shouldn't be afraid of shooting.

My point was more to highlight that scratching Larsen wasn't that horrible of a decision when you look at the rest of the d. Gully wanted to play Rome, which is understandable. None of Robidas, Daley, or Goligoski will be scratched. Dillon has been the best of the three kids, so he's not going to get scratched. That left it to Benn and Larsen, and either choice was fine.
That's solid reasoning, but argue most people are just drawn to Dillon's bigger, flashier hits. It's the Fistric effect.

Larsen hasn't played poorly defensively. I'd say he and Dillon have both played extremely well. Larsen is physical too, he just doesn't have the size that lends itself to big, loud hits.

The only young defender to have truly awful moments is Benn. I've liked his overall game, but you have several examples of terrible, terrible decision making. I don't think there is more than one right choice. If you want Rome to play, he needs to rotate with Benn. Of the three youngest players, he's made the biggest blunders. I'd be just fine with Rome never playing though ... unless he's an injury replacement.