View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Even if your interpretation of their mood/inability to cope is correct, it's still the result of getting run over by an intimidating team.

And I disagree that anybody could do it. Yeah, anybody can run a goalie, but only Milan Lucic can run a goalie, have nobody respond, score the winning goal and eventually beat the piss out of your toughest player, leaving you completely frustrated and without closure.
Well, Milan is your guy, so I get why that whole chain of events leaves you with a smile on your face. I'll agree to disagree since we're both speculating on other people's state of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Yeah, I don't think anybody here is saying that size is more important than skill. I think you need a balance of size, skill and speed. You mentioned that the B's already have size, well, I think it's fair to say they have skill and speed as well.

In the context of this discussion and what our 3rd line needs, I'll take the 15 goal scorer with size over the 15 goal scorer without it- because (that line is already pretty fast and skilled for a "3rd line" and) I think a player who's strong on the walls and hard to knock off the puck brings an added element that makes you harder to play against.
I think everyone would take the whole package of size and skill, but players like that are not easy to find. Here's a more interesting question: Would you take a 10-goal scorer with size over a 15-goal scorer without it? Both answers can be right, depending on the team's philosophy.

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote