View Single Post
01-28-2013, 01:08 PM
semantic romantic
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I think Gudbranson could turn out to be a regular 30-40 pt. guy. He is good at getting his shots on net and he has a cannon of a slapshot. He was definitely drafted 3rd because scouts saw some offensive potential. That potential was also on display at the WJC.

As far as his defensive play, he had an inconsistent season as you would expect from a 19 year old defenseman. He looked like a beast in the middle of the season for a few weeks when he was playing on the top pairing with Campbell. He really ended the season well especially in the playoffs where like someone said he was playing 20 min./night by the end of the NJ series.

The kid is very young yet. I don't know why people are clamoring to put him into a box.
I like this kid a lot, but lets put those 20min/night numbers in context.

The only playoff games he eclipsed 20 minutes were overtime games.

He played as a #5, only topping Jovo and Tyson Strachan in minutes played by d-men those games (Rightfully so as he was only 20).

He played 14-16 minutes a night on avg, the OT games were outliers.

He still isn't anything more than a 3rd pairing defender, and that is fine, I just take exception with throwing out 20 mins/game like its fact.

We heard the same thing about Cody Franson, and he never once topped 20 minutes on the leafs last year, proof that you don't believe everything you read.

arsmaster* is offline   Reply With Quote