View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
The success of this team doesn't hinge on a 4th line winger. I think having a Princeton educated super heavy weight Viking warrior with dominant moustache' swag is amazing.

I'm not insinuating that we live and die by Parros, just that having someone who could intimidate the other team, throw some huge hits, and be a legitimate deterrent from taking liberties with our players would be nice. Parros isn't a deterrent to most players because they would never fight him. I mean he's still nice to have I guess but a top middleweight would have been a much better acquisition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Random observation: Given the loss of Garrison and our relatively limited offensive abilities from the back end (Campbell aside), was it dumb of us to let go of Mike Kostka? He played over 30 minutes the other night for toronto, and by all accounts isn't solid defensively, but he's got a shot and has put up some points after finally making it to the NHL. It's dumb of us to give guys up who have shown they have at least some offensive talent, especially when we're bereft of any ability to score, period.
Idk, from my viewings of Kostka in the AHL, he was mostly a sieve and he was one of the D that always let Markstrom down. Toronto's defense isn't anything to talk about so I wouldn't really be that impressed. No doubt he has offensive ability, but I think it was best we let him go.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote