Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 Prospect Thread
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Jbcraig1883

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
I appreciate the feedback from everyone.

Personally, it has been hard to judge a player without getting to see them play, and i have not had that opportunity with Coyle yet.

It is good to hear that those of you who know more about him still have him in high regards.

If he turns into a 25/25 second line mainstay, I would be ecstatic. I personally love Jordan Staal, so I'm sold.

He has always sounded intriguing. I hope he continues to develop well.
I don't necessarily disagree with the point projections (just more goals than assists) but I don't think he plays like Staal at all. I have not watched as many PIT/CAR games as I used to but used to watch 40-50 PIT games a season when Crosby, Malkin, and Staal first started.

Their speed is similar at the same age and they are both good on the wall. I think Jordan's defensive awareness was much higher at the same age, had a longer reach, and a better shot. However, I think Coyle is better along the wall in the cycle and just as good at cleaning up in front of the net.

One thing that makes Coyle more valuable to us right now his he is really the only right handed prospect that is projected to slot into the top 6.

Last edited by Jbcraig1883: 01-28-2013 at 02:37 PM.