Thread: Speculation: Nino seeking trade?
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 02:25 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Yes, and I see Nino having a clear role in this team's future. Nelson, while I do like him, I don't see his upside being much higher than a solid 2C. That said I expect Strome to be that guy. Leaving Nelson either as a winger here or battling for the 3C, where Nielsen should be for a long time. Plus we have guys like Sundstrom and even Cizikas who would probably be better fits for that spot if the Isles ever did decide to move Nielsen.

IMO Nelson is the perfect trade bait. A very good prospect who is close to being NHL ready, plays a position that is in high demand and a position of strength for this organization. If you assume our future centers are Tavares-Strome-Nielsen-Sundstrom/Cizikas, we can essentially turn Nelson, a guy who might have trouble finding a spot on this team, into a quality defenseman that could help take this team to the next level. It's a no-brainer, IMO(assuming such a deal does come along).

As much as the Isles LOVE Nelson, I don't think it would prevent them from dealing him for a guy like Yandle if given the opportunity.

I have watched Nelson play a few games at the Bridge and in the scrimmage/game against the Islanders. I don't know, I see (and I am going to show my age here) alot of the old Minnesota North Star/Montreal Canadian Bobby Smith in Nelson. I really think the kid is going to be a tremendous hockey player.
Also I have a sneaky feeling Snow is going to call Nino up soon after he has participated in the AHL all-star game.

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote