View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
1. OEL isn't being moved. Also the asking price is really too high from what Phoenix fans are asking. Yes the kid is a good young player, but he is not Pietrangelo, Doughty, and so on. He has all the potential, but let's not value him like he is already there. Great young player, but for Couts+Schenn? Crazy. Also Couts+Coburn is crazy too. Those are horrible deals for the Flyers. I understand a lot of people around here like him, but the asking price seems a little too high.

2. The only young defender I would even trading Couts for in this league is Pietrangelo. Well there are a couple more, but he is the most attractive RF this coming off season. 23 year old defender who is just extremely skilled and smart as hell. 4th in Norris votes last year and probably should have had more. St Louis would be crazy to move him, but Couts+Coburn would be a price I would be willing to send for him.

3. I really think the Flyers address the defense this off season. Either through big trade or through the draft depending on how the season goes. Homer said no more offer sheets this year, but he didn't say he wouldn't use it again. I have no clue what Pietrangelo is going to be making in his next deal, but I would offer sheet him a huge deal to see if St Louis can match. They have an internal budget.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote