View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 01:40 PM
c4fn8d

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
As for the OP's comments.

I'll pile on with the other "horcoff neutrals" or "horcoff defenders" here. There is very little he can say in a situation like this that isn't going to get twisted the wrong way.

The FACT of the matter is that he lead this team to the stanley cup finals in 2006, and it had nothing to do with his skill level. He led by example, playing nearly mistake free hockey that followed the coaches gameplan. He CAN do that... we know because we've seen it.

The last few years he obviously isn't the player he used to be... but that doesn't mean he still can't be a leader. I take his comments as partially deflecting the blame, but only partially... perhaps he does want to call out the issue in plain terms. That can only help with accountability.

I'd prefer if he was a little more specific than the catch-all "inexperience" and instead said "individual play" and "failing to make smart, conservative plays at critical moments in the game"... but I'm not going to get my nose out of joint about it. Sometimes you don't have time to sugar coat.

As for Dubnyk... that's the sound of a frustrated goaltender. While he has a right to feel it... I know from my experience playing goal, it isn't likely to be a productive comment if he says it too often.
All Horcoff has to say is: We need to stay out of the penalty box. We, as a team need to be more disciplined.

That's it. No one would be able to bash him for that.

In all games so far, an early penalty caused us to be chasing the game rather than controlling the game. Plain and simple.

I would love to see this team in a lead. 4 games in, I'm still waiting.

c4fn8d is offline   Reply With Quote