View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 01:44 PM
topched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Yeah, you can judge it that way, especially given the teams need for high end talent in the system, and considering that Rattie and Saad have both played games in the NHL, and are far better prospects, picked MUCH later than Percy....

Yeah, he was a terrible value pick at #25. Far superior players went after him.

Have a look at how Dimitrij Jaskin is doing... we talk about needing size and jam in the top-6, while a guy like this goes to St.Louis at 41, after they picked Rattie with the 32nd pick.

Yeah, you want to talk about scouts getting the job done?

Trocheck in the 3rd @ pick 64?

Enough said.
Can you remind me just when Ty Rattie played in the NHL? Cause by my count he's played 0 (zero) games.

I don't consider Trochek or Jaskin "getting it done" as they've played 0 games with a total of 0 points in the NHL. Look at someone like Brad Ross as a guy who put up a ton of jr. points and people are writing off as an NHler already.

Also look at players like Schenn, Boychuk, Boedker and Tikhonov as players who played NHL games early in their career... and then someone like Jake Gardiner, who was still playing College hockey as a reason why you shouldn't be judging prospects based on how much they have played in the NHL so far.

I think we can all agree that Gardiner is a better player with far higher upside than any of those 4. Percy was a project when we drafted him and still is now. Give him time to pan out before dismissing him.

topched is offline   Reply With Quote