View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 01:50 PM
TrueBlue86

vCash: 500
I think what gives me some optimism is that even though it doesn't look like it, this team can be about half done a 5 year rebuild.

If we assume we'll build around a core of Kadri, JVR, Rielly, Gardiner and 2 top 5 picks this year and next.

Now to speed things up we trade tradable guys, namely Kessel THIS trade deadline. He could fetch us A LOT. Consider Kabby got a late 1st and a prospect with months left on his contract. Kessel has a year and a half and is 3 times the player.

That's why I like that Nonnis took over. There's a really good chance that this will happen. At least he won't make any quick fixes and the team will naturally sink to the bottom, like what is happening now.

If we trade some of our better players for good return it could speed things up quite a bit and in 2 years we could have a legit core of talent. maybe not like edmonton but maybe not too far off, if you consider we'd have 3 consecutive top 5 picks.

The only thing that could curse is some flukey wins to give us a false hope of optimism and maybe another attempt at a quick fix.

Btw, i fully think ownership would let this happen because of their desire to have some legit superstars to build the team around and brand, and also by looking at what the jays did.

TrueBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote