View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 02:00 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Can you remind me just when Ty Rattie played in the NHL? Cause by my count he's played 0 (zero) games.

I don't consider Trochek or Jaskin "getting it done" as they've played 0 games with a total of 0 points in the NHL. Look at someone like Brad Ross as a guy who put up a ton of jr. points and people are writing off as an NHler already.

Also look at players like Schenn, Boychuk, Boedker and Tikhonov as players who played NHL games early in their career... and then someone like Jake Gardiner, who was still playing College hockey as a reason why you shouldn't be judging prospects based on how much they have played in the NHL so far.

I think we can all agree that Gardiner is a better player with far higher upside than any of those 4. Percy was a project when we drafted him and still is now. Give him time to pan out before dismissing him.
Mixed up with Sven Baertschi, also of Portland Winterhawks fame.

But either way, I stand by the rest.
Gardiner WAS NOT picked by this scouting staff.
Boedker is a FAR BETTER player than Schenn can dream of, and is showing this year that he's ready to break out.

Jaskin and Trocheck are far better prospects than Brad Ross, even though I really like Ross.

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote