View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Right here... though I don't think "bad mouthing" is a fair way to describe how most posters talked about Bourque. Yes, there are the childish attacks, but in general many people simply pointed out that his performance/effort/attitude last year was lacking & that with his contract we'd be better off without him... 4 games hardly changes that.

and if you think 3 solid games out of 4 is somehow a sign that he's going to be an effective performer for us for the next 4 seasons, power to you.

You should keep in mind that he played this well in a handful of games last year, didn't stop it from being a terrible season.

Also of note, Bourque with the Flames tended to start the season off pretty well (PPG in both of his 27 goal seasons, 6pts/10games & 5pts/9games in the other years), his problem has always been with consistency, and the inevitable mid-season drop in performance.

He's still very much a buy-out candidate in my mind, and frankly, if he plays well enough to take that option off the table, i'd expect that the team will shop him around aggresively

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote