Old
01-28-2013, 02:12 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
You missed the point I thin.

I wasn't comparing Schenn and Boedker etc. I was saying that you pointing to Saad as being better than Percy because he's already played in the NHL is meaningless.

Because players like Schenn, Boedker, Boychuk and Tikhonov were playing in the NHL the year they were drafted and a player like Jake Gardiner took 3 years to get to the NHL and is a better player now than any of them.

And why are you comparing Jaskin and Trochek with Ross? They weren't even the same draft year.
If you can't see that Saad is the better prospect, I can't help you. He's playing on CHICAGO'S scoring lines, while Percy is still playing in the CHL, when the Leafs have had pretty bad defense. Chicago has better scoring options up front, than we have defensive options in back, so wouldn't it stand to reason that it would be MORE difficult for a guy like Saad to play his role on a team with Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Bolland, etc., than it would be for Percy to make a mark on a blueline that has Mike Kostka playing 30 minutes a night??

I used the example of Jaskin and Trochek with Ross, because you used them in the same comparison, so I was simply stating, whether or not they were in the same draft year, that they're higher upside, more talented prospects than him, regardless of their birth years.

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote