View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 02:18 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Uh.. The problem is all that people can talk about with Couturier is his potential. Hes extremely unproven and has an extremely small sample size when it comes to what he HAS shown, when compared to O'Reilly.

Hes basically O'Reilly prior to last season but with a higher set of expectations because of his draft position.

No way in hell would I add to ROR for Couturier...

I swear, people seem to drink Flyer's fans Koolaid when it comes to their players a bit to easily. The NHL loves to talk about Pit and Philly the most, so I guess that makes it easier. In Canada, TML's prospects are extremely overrated because of this. Pit & Philly are getting the same treatment in the USA.

Add to ROR for Couturier.... lmao uhg...
Then you simply wouldn't get Couturier. I'm not saying it would be a good trade, but what it would take. Couturier will be better than ROR one day soon, whether that is next year or in 2 years. Couturier had a better rookie season while averaging 2.5 minutes less a game (while having about the same SH TOI).

One trade that I would really entertain from the Flyers is something around Laughton and ROR. The Flyers would have to add (significantly IMO good defensive prospect or 1st round pick), but I see Laughton to be in the exact same form as ROR just a few years younger.