Thread: Proposal: Adding some size to the lineup
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 03:28 PM
berto14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
The average age was based on the opening day lineup. Horak getting sent down and the addition of and Cervenka will change things.

Feaster and Weisbrod value skill, high hockey IQ and speed over size. Flame fans are going to have to get used to the fact that the days of the Flames physically beating up their opponents is gone. For now at least, anyway.
Again, I don't mind having a smaller, speedy, skilled team but I think ideally the balance is somewhere in the middle of the two extremes. I'm not saying we should go out and sign a bunch of 7-foot pylons in favour of smaller, more skilled players, just that I wouldn't mind adding some size up front to help out our smaller forwards.

Feaster actually addressed the issue himself earlier in the year, just wondering who you guys would like to see management target.
Quote:
The Flames have 13 forwards and eight defencemen currently under contract with the total salary being over $66 million and Feaster said that his team is still looking to add grit and size potentially through a trade. He also explained that he is not concerned about any future salary cap issues.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l...training_camp/

berto14 is offline   Reply With Quote