View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 03:30 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran journeyman View Post
And bump Grabs to the third line? I think he looks better than anyone else on his line so far.
Not necessarily. I have a feeling Bailey is going to play center when he gets back. That'll bump Nielsen to 3C, Aucoin to 4C and Reasoner out of the lineup, where they all belong.

I would love to eventually see these lines tried:

Moulson - Tavares - Ullstrom/Nino
Nino/Ullstrom - Bailey - Okposo
Grabner - Nielsen - Joensuu
Martin - Aucoin - McDonald

In that scenario I think every single line is improved. Send Cizikas back to Bridgeport and use two of Boyes/Reasoner/Boulton as healthy scratches. Maybe even all 3 if you can somehow move Finley to Bridgeport(although I think the Isles would rather keep around as many defensemen as they could). Grabner playing on the 3rd line isn't necessarily a bad thing, as proven by Aucoin to the point that people don't want to break his line up(you being one of them). If anything that should prove a hockey team can't rely on one or two lines, but all four. Look at NJD last year. One of their best lines was that 4th line with Bernier-Carter-Gionta. I think Aucoin and McDonald sliding down with Martin could give us that type of 4th line.

It's all about balance, and these moves would give us a lot more of it IMO while making every line more dangerous than they are right now.

blinkman360 is online now   Reply With Quote