View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 02:31 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I don't think Subban is that great in front his own net, at least not better than who the Rangers currently have, but maybe I'm wrong.

He's a great skater with a good shot, defensively responsible and will look to make the big hit. He's a very good overall package but the price to get him wouldn't make it worthwhile. edit: in response to the above, I agree he can take himself out of position for a hit but he's pretty good defensively overall when he focuses on it. He got tons of hard minutes in the past year and did well all things considered on a team that was lacking in many areas around him.

And I think the Habs front office is the ones who don't have their heads on straight. While it is kind of dumb for Subban to be holding out at this point, it's also dumb for the Habs to be holding to a 2 year deal for approximately what Del Zotto makes...Subban is a better player than Del Zotto right now and it's fairly agreed upon that Del Zotto's contract is very favorable to the Rangers.
I'm not sure I agree with the last paragraph Levitate. Normally I do agree with your thinking but not this time. I don;t think the Habs front office is far off on their stance. Del Zotto scored more than Subban last year. MDZ is a year younger and takes a ton less penalties then Subban. Regardless of the potential between the two, the Habs are looking at the ink on the paper. And quite frankly, I am too. Subban took over 100 in PIM. He is not Chris Pronger. He is not that size. It is irresponsible. It makes a bad montreal team even worse when he is not on the ice because yes he does have potential. The rangers don't have time for growing pains with a 23 year old who can't stay out of the box.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote