View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 02:33 PM
KlattNazty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
First I'd like to say great points and you were much more convincing than the other two..

But, "Jones would also help a lot." Part of me thinks even you know just how necessary Mackinnon is if we get the first pick. Jones would be great, but is he a luxury? I'm not trying to sound ignorant of Jones as a player, he's the best d prospect I've seen since Doughty. I just have a hard time following the trend of D over Forward. There really isn't a question that Mackinnon is a future #1 C and seeing just how hard it's been to acquire one for the past 5 years vs acquiring capable D.. I just can't buy it.

You can definitely argue that we need D just as badly as forwards, and thus justifying Jones.. But with all these promising back end prospects we've been able to gather all while not seeing one capable #1 C.. I just don't think we could pass on the opportunity if it presents itself.
Everything I have ever learned about first overall pick battles and draft tendencies is when its this damn close, just take the forward. That just what I feel like is the right move here.

And driving possession is a huge concern for us, that much I couldnt agree with more.