View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 03:35 PM
feffan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
i agree, young renberg was awesome. in many ways, he was better than leclair. better skater, more creative playmaker. though leclair had the better hands in tight and was the better andreychuk-type scorer.

but wasn't renberg's rookie year on a line with lindros and recchi (i.e., two probably hall of famers)? as i recall, that was the argument used in the press for why he wasn't as impressive as brodeur, yashin, and arnott, fairly or unfairly.
Would have been nice to see what Renberg and the Legion could have accomplished if he got to "keep" his skating and shot for a couple of more seasons. Never really could replace him, even if Lindros and LeClair were crazy good as a duo.

He played some with Lindros but as I remember it he mostly had Brind'Amour as a center his rookie year, permantly moving to Lindros wing about the same time as LeClair arrived. During at least the start of Renbergs rookieseason I remember it as that the Crazy Eights (Lindros, Recchi, Fedyk) still existed. Canīt say I remember the Calder Tropy debate, canīt even remember why Arnott got the centerspot in the rookie team instead of Yashin. Seems weird looking back.

feffan is offline   Reply With Quote