View Single Post
01-28-2013, 02:37 PM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post

When Price got that contract, it was right after our playoff push that led us to the conference finals. Halak played most of the season and the playoffs. And it was fairly obvious why. Halak was just playing way better than Price. Once playoffs were over, we traded away Halak. We oculd have easily picked to stick with Halak and deal Price. But we put our faith and went all in on our current goaltender. Price was in now way in any position to negotiate his contract after all of that.

Price's situation is very different to PK's.
By trading Halak, Price was then the number1 goalie. PK's just off playing 23-24mins game average in a team that finished 15th. I would give PK 3M$ a year for 2 years. Taking that the league's cap will be lowered and that he will be getting 3M$ next year with no contract adjustments I think it's a fair deal.

Price showed that he had great potential although the playoffs were harsher on him, but the fact of the matter is that PK shows just about the same amount of potential. Yes he had a good ( not incredible ) season last year, I just don't see where him being much better off than Price and him getting a 4M$ plus contract. Especially since in a little more than a year from now he will be signing a much more lucrative and long-term contract.