View Single Post
Old
01-28-2013, 02:37 PM
calcal798

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Wouldn't that make our need at G > D ?

Also, where's the scoring and leadership up front this year?
Outside of Grabo, Kadri, and JVR, we're hurting... BAD.
Yeah it prob would, but I would say the order was something like g>>>>d>o. I think drafting Rielly could have switched that order in the near future.

The five games this year, we've had those three. But last year we had Kessel and Lupol. Kessel was also top 10 in scoring across the league. Lupol and Grabo provide leadership, all five of them can score. Those five players along with one more winger could make up a lot better of an offense than people give them credit for. Sure we don't have a #1 center. But a team with an offense that has six players that can all score (but aren't in the top 10 of their respective position) could be just as dynamic as an offense with three players (that are top 10).

If we draft one of Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm or Drouin this summer our offense and defense could be solid. We would still have a very questionable goaltending situation, which I am wondering if a veteran guy like Luongo may be able to fill.

I mean look:

Lupol-Kadri-Kessel
JvR-Grabo-Barkov/Drouin (two I want)

Rielly-Phaneuf
Gunner-Gard

Luongo

That's a young core with veteran guys mixed in that can provide the leadership the young guys need. The offense could have potential to be dynamic (1A-1B lines) and the defense could have the 1-4 spot filled and we would have a solid starter.